jueves, 10 de mayo de 2012

A Thai Day


13th November. 

Hello everyone! I’m really excited and surprised tonight. I just came from one of the most beautiful nights of my life, seriously! You’ll know about it soon, but I’m also telling you my whole day. I woke up at 8:00 am, and went to my job (yes, I have one!) in the central theater of the city. I’m the assistant of the director there, I help the actors in the presentations and I organize everything with the director. It’s an awesome job for me because I’ve always loved musical theater so actually I really “fit” on that job and I may have the opportunity to act in some musicals there! I got it because my "Thai mom", René, worked with him some months ago with something to do with the publicity of the theater so it was pretty easy to get it! Anyway, I went to my job from 9 am until 5pm and then I went walking for a while before coming home.
But I didn’t know this day was a special day between the others. When I came home at 6:30 pm, all my Thai family was really excited for tonight. And they told me about the “Yi Pen” or “Loi Krathong”. I’ve read about it before but I didn’t remember when it was. They told me that it’s a special festival that coincides with the Lanna, that’s a regional calendar, and a full moon night in November every year, millers of people of the region launch sky-lanterns (yes, floating lanterns!) to the air in the honor of the goddess of the sea. The tradition says that it helps to the locals to “liberate” themselves from problems, but actually they also do it to decorate the streets and houses. I’ve seen some pictures before, but, believe me, NOTHING compares to seeing it live. It was so beautiful, terrific, fascinating and I’m not exaggerating. The little lanterns in the air seemed like fluorescent jellyfishes floating through the sky, it was magic. When I saw it, I understood why everyone loves that night. Could you imagine? Lights everywhere, in the sea, in the threes, in the sky… it was simply amazing. Best night by now J so happy I could live it. This just happen once in a blue moon for me! I’ll leave you a photo I took tonight. I couldn’t wait to show it and tell it to us! Hope you enjoyed! Love from Thailand!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario